The High Price of Ignoring HVAC Maintenance – Your car faithfully takes you where you need to go daily. In return, you treat it to an oil change and routine maintenance every 3 months or 3,000 miles. It’s a well-known fact that regular car maintenance prevents problems and prolongs the life of your vehicle, but many people don’t know that the same principle applies to other hard-working machines.
Ignoring HVAC Maintenance
Season after season, year after year, your cooling and heating system keeps your home comfortable no matter the weather, but many HVAC systems are not given the respect they deserve in the form of routine maintenance.
Without regular maintenance, your HVAC system could…
- Be a nuisance. Although it’s never a good time for your HVAC to need emergency repairs, they always seem to happen at the worst times, like when friends come from out of town or during a 100-degree heat wave. However, when you keep to a regular HVAC maintenance schedule, you can prevent the need for emergency repairs.
- Get clogged drains. Debris and dirt in the A/C system can mix in with the condensation that is removed from your home through the condensate drain. Over time, without routine maintenance, the drain could get clogged, which can cause issues in other parts of the system.
- Freeze over. While most maintenance should be left to the pros, you can do your part by regularly changing your filters. The air cannot flow through the HVAC system when the filter is too dirty. The cold air created by the condenser coils cannot flow into your home, so the air stays in the same place, getting colder and colder until the unit or a portion of the unit freezes over.
- Cost you a fortune. Emergency repairs are unexpected expenses that eat into your vacation fund. On the other hand, maintenance costs are predictable and easily fit into your family budget.
- Have a short lifespan. Lack of maintenance can cause premature equipment failures. One small problem can quickly snowball into a big problem which can even cause the whole system to give out. A regular maintenance schedule can prevent this domino effect.
Your HVAC works hard.
Treat it with thoughtful care and attention, and it will treat you well in return. Schedule your routine maintenance by calling Cranbury Comfort Systems today at (609) 758-5600.
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cranburycomfort